Easy Ways to Connect Smartphone Cameras to Dekstop
Most of you may be confused about how to show our faces clearly when conducting virtual meetings through the Zoom application or maybe others when using a Laptop or Computer.
Apparently this can be tricked easily, where you can use your Smartphone to record yourself. So as if the cell phone can be a webcam, so you no longer need to buy the camera just for online meetings or video calls with friends though.
Especially if you have an idle cellphone at home, of course this will be very useful. Although basically the camera is not very big resolution, but clearly it is already higher than the default laptop where there is no 5MP on average.
There are several ways to connect a cell phone camera to a laptop or PC, and the easiest step is to do it wirelessly. More details can see the steps as follows.
- First, you first download the DroidCam application on the Google Play Store . This application requires Android version 5 and above
- After that, you can download the Windows Client on your PC / Laptop and install it on your device
Download Link: https://www.dev47apps.com/droidcam/windows/
- If everything has been successfully installed, you open the application on your Laptop / PC or on your cellphone. Make sure you are connected to the same WiFi network
- And on an Android phone , you’ll see a few numbers after the WiFi IP and DroidCam Port. You enter the number into the PC that says ‘Device IP’ and ‘DroidCam Port’, and make sure that the video and audio are also checked, then click Start
- In a few moments, you automatically connect and just set it in your online meeting application. Change the camera source settings to DroidCam for the camera and DroidCam Virtual Audio for sound / microphone.
That’s more or less the way to connect a Smartphone camera to a laptop or PC to clarify your face during an online conference. Good luck.